Our School

Hi! I have recently learned how different other schools are from ours and it is very interesting to me. I figured I would share what my school is like so that other kids can learn about McDowell. To start off my day I usually get on the bus around 7: 30 or 7:40 which is pretty late since I live so close to school. First period starts at 7:55 and lasts till 8:47 which is when I have math. We have seven periods in our school day unless you do sports, then you technically have eight. We have lunch at 10:37 and that period is split in half for AE and that ends at 11:39. Our school day ends at 2:33 on a normal day basis. We have math, social studies, ELA, lunch, AE, art, science, and guided study. This half of the year I have art but in the next half I will have technology. Our school offers advanced ELA and advanced math which I am in both. 

On Fridays we do a lot of fun stuff. For example if you don’t have any missing work then you get to go outside during AE. We usually play tag or ninja and it is really fun. If it is too cold to go outside then we usually stay inside and watch a movie or something else fun. 

As for masks, our school doesn’t require you to wear a mask. The only place that you must wear one is on the bus, which sometimes if kids are in the back they will take them off. It isn’t really a big deal to many people. Not many people at our school wear masks anymore. During the fall sports season they handed out a paper for the players and coaches to wear masks in school but not everyone wanted to wear them. Hopefully, you learned something new about our school. Thanks for reading!